Illegal Alien Garcia Zarate Found NOT GUILTY in Shooting Death of Kate Steinle


On July 1, 2015, illegal immigrant criminal Juan Francisco Sanchez opened fire on Pier 14 in the Embarcadero district in San Francisco, California, shooting 32- year-old Kathryn Steinle in the back.

On Thursday a San Francisco jury found the Kate Steinle’s killer innocent of murder or manslaughter. Garcia Zarate had been deported five times and was wanted for a sixth deportation when Kate Steinle was fatally shot in the back while walking with her father on the pier. Garcia Zarate did not deny shooting Steinle but said it was an accident.

The shooting happened during the presidential campaign and touched off a fierce debate over the country’s immigration policies. San Francisco’s “sanctuary city” law bars local officials from cooperating with federal attempts to deport those in the country illegally, and the city had released Garcia Zarate from custody despite a federal detention request.

Jose Ines Garcia Zarate was found not guilty of homicide. ABC7 reported:

In a surprising verdict, the jury of six men and six women deliberated and came back with a not guilty verdict for Jose Ines Garcia Zarate. The defendant was facing second degree murder charges for killing 32-year-old Pleasanton resident Kate Steinle on July 1, 2015 at Pier 14 in San Francisco. While Garcia Zarate can technically walk out of the courtroom, it’s expected that he will be taken into custody by Immigration officials and eventually deported back to his native Mexico.

Steinle’s death became part of the immigration debate in this country. During his campaign, President Trump criticized San Francisco for its sanctuary city status. President Donald Trump said during the campaign that Steinle’s death was another reason the United States needed to build a wall on its southern border and tighten its immigration policies.

Trump signed an executive order to withhold funding from sanctuary cities, but a federal judge recently blocked it in a lawsuit from two California counties, San Francisco and Santa Clara. The administration has appealed.